Photograph - Home Decor And Giclee Wall Art By Chris Flees
This is a vintage D-X and Disney Cross promotional or co-branded advertising sign. This sign features Disney's Dumbo and is from the 1940s.
D-X gasoline was a brand of gasoline that was produced and marketed by the Diamond Oil Company from the 1920s to the 1960s. The company was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1917, and began selling gasoline under the D-X brand in the 1920s.
The name "D-X" was chosen because it was a combination of the words "Diamond" and "Gasoline." The company's logo featured a diamond with the letters "D-X" inside.
D-X gasoline was known for its high-quality and performance, and it quickly gained popularity among consumers. The gasoline was formulated with a high octane rating, which made it ideal for use in high-performance engines.
During World War II, D-X gasoline was used by the US military, and it was widely recognized as one of the best fuels for military aircraft. After the war, the popularity of D-X gasoline continued to grow, and the company expanded its operations to include the production of lubricants and other petroleum products.
In the 1950s, the Diamond Oil Company changed its name to the DX Sunray Corporation, following a merger with the Sunray DX Oil Company. The D-X brand continued to be used for gasoline, and the company expanded its marketing efforts to include a variety of advertising campaigns, including the use of a mascot named "DX Man."
Despite its popularity, the D-X brand was eventually phased out in the 1960s, as the DX Sunray Corporation shifted its focus to other business ventures. However, the legacy of D-X gasoline lives on, and it remains a beloved and nostalgic brand among collectors of vintage gasoline memorabilia.
May 5th, 2023
Viewed 85 Times - Last Visitor from Cupertino, CA on 05/25/2023 at 3:25 AM